Hurricane Weather Related Links
Amateur Radio Links
NWS Tampa Bay SKYWARN® Program
The impacts of hazardous weather are experienced by many Americans each year. To obtain critical weather information, NOAA’s National Weather Service (NWS), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce, established SKYWARN® with partner organizations. SKYWARN® is a volunteer program with nearly 290,000 trained severe weather spotters. These volunteers help keep their local communities safe by providing timely and accurate reports of severe weather to the National Weather Service.
Please see http://weather.gov/tampa/?n=wx4tor for information on amateur radio networks and frequencies
Take One or Both of these FREE Online SKYWARN Spotter Trainings
Three Training Options to become a Spotter for NWS Tampa Bay. Spotters should renew every 3 years.
- Attend an in-person training (see schedule below)
- These are few and far between and run from October through April
- We do our best to do a training in each county every year
- Join the Spotter Network at http://SpotterNetwork.org
- Create an account
- Take their SKYWARN Spotter online training and pass quiz to become a member
- Click on “Member Networks” in left hand menu, then join “Tampa Bay, FL (NWS/TBW)”
- If you would like a NWS Tampa Bay Spotter ID, send us an Email after you’ve joined our member network and we will mail it out in 1 to 3 weeks.
- Take the MetEd SKYWARN Spotter online trainings above